er expenditure, procurement, and developments within the
global construction industry, as well as includes key topics such
as construction industry contractor and developer expenditure
and procurement behaviors and strategies. The report identi-
fies the threats and opportunities in the global construction
industry, analyzes the economic outlook and business confi-
dence levels of global construction industry executives, and
provides a definitive assessment of emerging markets and
respondent interpretations of the economic situation in devel-
Among the key highlights:
• According to the survey, 56 percent, 55 percent, and 45
percent of respective respondents identified ‘cost contain-
ment’, ‘market uncertainty,’ and ‘retention or recruitment of
skilled staff’ as pressing business concerns.
• China, India, and Brazil are the important emerging markets for growth in 2013.
• Overall for 2013, the average size of the annual procure-
ment budget identified by senior level executives across indus-
tries is projected at US$41 million, while the annual marketing
budget is identified at US$6 million.
• ‘Quality’, ‘level of service’, and ‘price’ are considered the
most important factors for supplier selection by senior level
respondents in 2013.
• Market intelligence research’, ‘CRM systems,’ and ‘ERP
solutions’ were identified as the marketing and sales solutions
Preview: STAFDA’s 37th Annual
Convention & Trade Show
The Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association (STAFDA) will hold its
members-only 37th Annual Convention
& Trade Show, November 11-13, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
STAFDA is an educational association comprised of distributors, manufacturers, rep agents, and affiliates (trade
press) serving the light construction/industrial market. The
organization has 2,500 members from across the U.S., Canada, and internationally.
Highlights from this year’s show include:
• A private performance by Earth, Wind & Fire at STAF-
DA’s Opening Party.
• “STAFDA SportsCenter” at the General Session, featuring ESPN commentator, Roy Firestone, who’ll interview
NFL legend/football commentator Terry Bradshaw;
former UConn men’s basketball coach and Hall of Fame
member, Jim Calhoun; and three-time World Series and
veteran baseball manager, Tony LaRussa, on teamwork,
leadership, and motivation.
• Educational workshops on topics such as “Best Practices
in Purchasing,” “Roaring Back from the Recession,”
“Leadership Isn’t for Cowards,” and “How to Create a
• STAFDA’s Tech Fair, Tuesday, November 12, Noon –
6:00 p.m., at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las
Vegas. STAFDA members can browse for new software,
hardware, and ecommerce solutions, and find technol-
ogy providers to answer questions and demonstrate
the latest innovative products.
• An economic forecast from industry expert Alan Beau-lieu.
• Trade show hours from 12 to 6pm on Tuesday, and
10:30am to 4:00pm on Wednesday. As of early October,
the expo had over 600 registered exhibitors.
For more information on STAFDA, visit www.stafda.org.