Summit Electric Supply Remembers Co-Founder Victor R. Jury Sr.
Summit Electric Supply co-founder and former president Victor
R. Jury Sr. passed away May 29th in Fort Worth, TX after a brief
illness. He was 89.
Jury Sr., who grew up in West Texas, had a successful career in
the electrical distribution industry that spanned more than 45
years. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Texas Tech University. He then went to work as a
salesman for Westinghouse Electric Supply before joining Graybar
Electric Co. At Graybar, Jury Sr. held various sales and management
positions over 28 years, but he often spoke about starting his own
In 1977, that dream was realized. Jury Sr. founded Summit
Electric Supply in Albuquerque, NM with his son Victor Jury Jr. and
friend and former colleague, David Meredith.
Service was the foundation of Summit, Jury Sr. once said. He
believed it was Summit’s forte and after years at the helm, it was
evident to him that service was largely to credit for Summit’s
growth and success. He invested greatly in training and retention
PTDA Welcomes Ten New Members
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has
welcomed 10 new members year-to-date.
• Applied Power Solutions (Addison, IL) distributes industrial clutch
and industrial brake systems.
• National Precision Bearing Group of Mechatronics Inc. (Preston,
WA) distributes precision bearing solutions for aerospace, defense,
medical, and industrial applications.
• Western Bearing & Auto Parts Ltd. (Manitoba, Canada) is a distributor of bearings, hydraulics & pneumatics, and mechanical PT
• American Roller Bearing Company (Hickory, NC) is a manufacturer of anti-friction bearings.
• Congress Drives (Ennis, TX) manufactures aluminum and zinc die
cast pulleys and sheaves.
• Curtis Machine Company, Inc. (Dodge City, KS) manufactures gearboxes, gearcases, parallel shaft speed reducers, as well as gear drives.
• Eaton – Airflex Products (Cleveland, OH) manufactures heavy
duty industrial clutches and brakes for oilfield, marine, mining,
and mineral processing applications.
• Helix Linear Technologies, Inc. (Beachwood, OH) is a manufacturer of linear bearings and actuators, stepping motors, and motor
• I.M.A. Ltd. (Ontario, Canada) is a MRO service provider specializing in material master data
• Rubber Tree Systems LLC
(Toledo, OH) is a smart
phone and tablet ERP integration service
programs and placed a consider-
able value on the input of his
partners and associates, whom
he saw as the vehicle to advanc-
ing the company.
represents 178 power transmission/motion control distribution
firms that generate more than $11 billion in sales and span just
over 3,400 locations in the United States, Canada, and eight other
countries. PTDA members also include 180 manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry. For more information, visit www.ptda.org.