Expanded Range of Cutting, Grinding
PFERD (Leominster, MA) has expanded the range of DUODISC
combination cutting and grinding wheels to include 6” and 7”
diameters. PFERD’s Type 27 Depressed Center DUODISC wheels
are engineered for dual-purpose cutting, grinding, and deburring
with a single wheel on steel or stainless steel. DUODISC offers a
new level of performance, providing more cuts than competitive
wheels, along with a smooth, aggressive cutting action, says the
company. Additional features include:
• Triple-reinforcement, improving safety while increasing efficiency and profitability.
• Guaranteed compliance with all national and international laws,
standards, and regulations.
• The ability to be used on 4”, 4-1/2”, 5”, 6” and 7” angle grinders. The 4” diameter is available in .065” thickness, while the
4-1/2” and 5” diameters come in both 1/8” and .065” thicknesses.
• The new 6” and 7” diameters are available in 1/8” thickness. All
diameters are available with either a plain arbor hole, or a quick-change threaded hub.
<< www.pferdusa.com; 978-840–6420>>
Kett Tool (Cincinnati, OH) promotes a healthy, clean working
environment for contractors and installers with its KD-1495 Fiber-Cement Shear. The handheld shear quickly cuts fiber-cement siding and backer board up to five-eighths inch thick using a shearing action to greatly reduce harmful airborne dust. According to
Kett, the traditional method of cutting cement board and siding
with a circular saw generates a lot of airborne dust, which makes
a mess and is potentially harmful if inhaled. The KD-1495 Fiber-Cement Shear gives customers a fast and clean way to make these
cuts. Features include:
• A powerful five-amp, variable speed motor capable of producing shear speeds up to 2,500 rpm to cut cement board and siding
at 26 inches per minute.
• An adjustable shear head that swivels 360 degrees to allow cuts
at any angle.
• A light weight ( 4. 5 lbs), with a cutting radius of 10 inches for
<< www.kett-tool.com; 513-271-0333>>
Safety Knife Program
The new Williams Safety Knife Program from Snap-on Industrial
Brands (Kenosha, WI) includes a selection of utility knives, all of
which come with the latest technology to help technicians safely and efficiently perform their job. The Williams Safety Utility
Knives and Blades are perfect for cutting corrugate, cartons, taped
boxes, tape, strapping, packing film, and shrink film.
<< www.snaponindustrialbrands.com; 800-446-7404>>